Book Direct Campaign
The B&B Owners Association exists for the benefit of its members and their guests. Booking either on members websites or on websites operated by the B&B Owners Association means guests are booking directly. Are you aware of the facts and why is this important?
- Booking with online travel agents (OTA’s) incurs a commission of up to 20% for B&Bs
- Commission means less revenue / profit for a family run business
- Commission means less tourism revenue for regional development
- These high rates of commission closed many a B&B during the recent recession
- B&Bs are raising their rates to meet large OTA’s demands for commissions
- Who are these online travel agents?
- Are guests really getting the best room rates? Unlikely, just comapre the room rates for your region.
- Booking direct allows a B&B to keep more of its profits to re-investment in their B&B and maintain the standards for guests.
- Booking directly means your payment stays in your country and helps the regional economy rather than the profits of a multinational OTA.
- As guests tuck into and enjoy your inclusive breakfast, remind them who deserves your hard earned cash.
Booking via B&B Owners websites means NO Commission for our members and just a small booking fee for our Associate Members.