Payment for “No Shows”
We have had some members telephoning about taking payment for “no shows”.
- If you have registered for a Stripe account, you can click the “No Show” button and to take the money owed under your terms and conditions. The money owed is nearly always recovered unless the card is fraudulent. If the card has insufficient funds you can try again later.
- If you have NOT registered for Stripe – you can usually register and recover the money owed from a “No Show”. As a safeguard, Stripe stores all guests credit cards for every booking, regardless of whether a B&B has registered or not. If you need help, please call or email support@bnbowners.
- Additionally, you can take payment for guests that leave without paying as long as the card stored is valid.
CREDIT CARD TIPS
Using Stripe, our booking system has spotted and refused bookings from over 40 fraudulent card users this year, but please NOTE!
- Good practice: Take payment using your virtual terminal on ARRIVAL
- Consider taking deposits (or full amount) at the time of booking to deter cancellations and “no shows”.
- The fraudulent use of cards is most prevalent in the winter months for long-term bookings – please check the validity of cards for long-term bookings using your virtual terminal nearer the arrival date. A valid stolen card may be valid for a short period until reported and thieves take advantage of this to make bookings.
- If you are at all suspicious use your virtual terminal to validate a card at any time (no charge) click the box “Validate Only.”