Book Direct Campaign
The B&B Owners Association exists for the benefit of its members and their guests. Booking either on members websites or on websites operated by the B&B Owners Association means guests are booking directly. Are you aware of the facts and why is this important?
- Booking with online travel agents (OTA’s) incurs a commission of up to 20% for B&Bs
- Commission means less revenue / profit for a family run business
- Commission means less tourism revenue for regional development
- These high rates of commission closed many a B&B during the recent recession
- B&Bs are raising their rates to meet large OTA’s demands for commissions
- Who are these online travel agents?
- Are guests really getting the best room rates? Unlikely, just comapre the room rates for your region.
- Booking direct allows a B&B to keep more of its profits to re-investment in their B&B and maintain the standards for guests.
- Booking directly means your payment stays in your country and helps the regional economy rather than the profits of a multinational OTA.
- As guests tuck into and enjoy your inclusive breakfast, remind them who deserves your hard earned cash.
Booking via B&B Owners websites means NO Commission for our members and just a small booking fee for our Associate Members.
Reminder Bookings are Automatically Declined
I would like to remind all B&B Owners Association members that bookings are declined automatically if not confirmed by them within 3 days.
After 24 hours we start sending out reminder emails twice a day – that is five in total. Additionally, we have a facility to send a text to owners mobile phones – the dashboard is mobile phone friendly to allow you confirm bookings wherever you are – https://my-bnb.com
In many cases, this is “commission free business” that is lost but more importantly, guests are not happy with our service and go elsewhere.
Bookings are coloured to show their status in your dashboard – and auto-declined booking are found in bookings >> history
- Purple: Guest Cancelled the booking – this may be due to slow response by the B&B
- Red: Bookings have been automatically cancelled after 3 days due to lack of response by the B&B
- Green: Booking Confirmed – your calendar and booking engine are updated to show the rooms booked
- Grey: Bookings declined by the B&B
Booking reference numbers starting with:-
- BNB: Commission-free bookings originating from a full members website (those paying annual membership fee only)
- BAB: Bookings originating from ‘book-a-bnb.com’ – these incur a €5 booking fee for full members and 7% for associate members
- BXB: Bookings from 3rd parties, entered manually on your calendar and added to your arrival/departure sections (payment for these bookings cannot be taken with one click but guests card details can be added to the Stripe credit card terminal at no extra cost)
Need any help email email@example.com
Further to our launch of the new Book a B&B website, Irish Members will be pleased to know we have now given our Ireland B&B website a makeover too. It is now twice as fast, mobile-friendly and meets all Googles technical criteria.
Please help us promote the site by including it in your emails, FaceBook pages and any other social media.
Please check your entries in these two directories are correct and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need amendments or updates.
Michael – B&B Owners Association
B&B Owners Support
Tel: +353 (0) 647750494
Stripe Virtual Credit Card Terminal
I receive 3 or 4 emails a week asking about the Stripe payments system.
There is a short tutorial available via your “My B&B Dashboard” but here is the link to it
Using Stripe takes 2-3 minutes to set up, has NO monthly charges and can save you hundreds by replacing your electronic Credit Card Terminal
Michael – B&B Owners Association
B&B Owners Association – Network Status
Tues 11th July: Problems reported overnight have now been fixed – Please use the new dashboard https://m.my-bnb.com
B&B Owners Association – Room & Rates Display
We recently upgraded to a new “My B&B” dashboard https://m.my-bnb.com and at the same time introduced a new room & rates display.
Many have complained about this or have not seen the reason for the update.
Our intention was not to create more work for you but the ease the administration process.
The upgrade was done automatically but left many of you displaying the wrong rooms.
If you’re one of those, we don’t want to create a whole load of work for you, so can you please let us have the following and we set them up for you.
- The numbers or names of your rooms
- The type of each room e.g. double, triple, twin or family room
- The normal rate for each room
- The rate for reduced occupancy e.g. double sold as a single or trip sold as a double.
Please send this info to email@example.com and we will make the changes for you asap.
Michael – B&B Owners Association
Updates to “My B&B”
Shortly we shall launch a new smartphone / tablet friendly version of the MY B&B admin panel.
- New Name “My B&B Dashboard” to bring it into line with current Internet jargon
- New availability Calendar for ALL members – shows your bookings on a scrollable calendar – 3rd party bookings can be added so that your availability is up to date
- New simple to navigate interface – we shall add a few new items to this over the coming months to allow you to analyse bookings and see where they came from.
- More integration of STRIPE payments to save you time and money – smartphone / tablet view for Virtual Terminal
More later but members should read the new tutorials in https://bnbowners.com/tutorial/
A Really Big Thank You B&B Owners
A really big thank you to my old friends and the B&B owners that have donated and provided encouraging words for my last Fund Raising Marathon in London – I tell you this is hard work at my age and I hope I don’t let you down the day.
I visited the research labs this week and met with the scientists that are funded by the Prostate Cancer Research Centre – picture right is one of our marathon team learning how to separate DNA.
Thanks again everyone – if you meant to donate and it slipped your mind, please visit the Run4PC website below………
A very grateful
Michael Sharpe B&B Owners Association Founder
Dedicated B&B website for the town of Kenmare Ireland
In line with our policy of providing communities with their own B&B directory, we have just launched a new B&B website for the town of Kenmare in Ireland https://kenmare-bnb.com
It makes sense for towns to have their own websites to attract visitors and we will consider application from any town where the are 20 or more B&B Owners Association members. Guests book directly and booking commission is free for full members or 6% for associate members. (plus other options) –
Help me help others from Michael B&B Owners Association
Hello to all B&B Owners
Michael Sharpe Running for Prostate Cancer Research
Those that have known me a long time will know that I have been a keen runner (over 60 years) and have raised money in the past for many charities. I’m over 71 years old now and thought my fund raising days were over but a friend asked me to coach her for the London Marathon this year and then twisted my arm to enter.
Both of us have family members that have suffered from Prostate Cancer and so we decided to run for the Prostate Cancer Research Centre in Kings College London – a small but important charity formed to help world class scientists develop new therapy for men with advanced prostate cancer. Their immediate goal is to increase the survival rate and their vision is a complete cure for Europe’s most commonly diagnosed male cancer.
My friend Tracie and I are now in full preparation, incurring all the niggling aches and pains that hundreds of miles of training places on the body. London (23rd April) is my 14th and last marathon. I have always enjoyed giving and I hope my 22 years supporting the interests of B&Bs on the Internet in Ireland, the UK and around the world will prompt you to support me in my last endeavours to help with the research that will save or prolong the life of many to come. Please try to help if you can, no matter how little – each of the websites below will accept donation for our cause by credit/debit card.
Wish Me Luck – Your Thankfully
Michael Sharpe founder of the B&B Owners Association – The B&B Network – Book a B&B