The My B&B Dashboard – B&B Owners Association
AS you all know by now we have updated both the “My B&B’ dashboard and the way we display your room rates. These changes require you to read the new documents in https://bnbowners.com/tutorial/
We have had praise and criticism for this move forward and we understand that people don’t like change.
I will try to outline the differences …….
- All rooms and their configuration can be displayed to help guests choose appropriately.
- We have tried to copy over your room configuration from there
- All rooms will be display as vacant until you confirm a booking – you may add bookings from 3rd parties but if you do not you may continue to get bookings for that room night which are then marked as sold if you decline.
- Functionally the booking system works in exactly the same way as before except you will not receive bookings for rooms that have been declined by you or sold via a 3rd party. lessening your workload.
- It is not necessary to add 3rd party bookings because if you get a booking and that room is sold you will decline the booking in the usual way and the calendar will be updated to show that room is not available.
- We have avoided providing a full channel manager as these work in favour of those charging higher commission rates.
- Many members have separate websites and we can provide code to embed our low commission booking engine into those sites. Full members will benefit from commission free bookings and those that already do this should make sure they are using the latest version of the code.
- The new “My B&B” dashboard is https://m.my-bnb.com and it works equally well on smartphones, tablets, iPads, laptop or desktop PCs.
- You will find the new layout more user friendly and managing bookings more easily.
- We have enhanced the integration of the STRIPE payments system – many members now use the virtual terminal on their phones to replace the expensive electronic terminals.
- The booking system is now more advanced from a security point of view – all credit cards are checked for validity and possible fraud before you even get a booking and this month alone we have detected an increasing number of cards being used fraudulently. This has saved our members heartache and money.
Michael – B&B Owners Association