Reminder Bookings are Automatically Declined
I would like to remind all B&B Owners Association members that bookings are declined automatically if not confirmed by them within 3 days.
After 24 hours we start sending out reminder emails twice a day – that is five in total. Additionally, we have a facility to send a text to owners mobile phones – the dashboard is mobile phone friendly to allow you confirm bookings wherever you are – https://my-bnb.com
In many cases, this is “commission free business” that is lost but more importantly, guests are not happy with our service and go elsewhere.
Bookings are coloured to show their status in your dashboard – and auto-declined booking are found in bookings >> history
- Purple: Guest Cancelled the booking – this may be due to slow response by the B&B
- Red: Bookings have been automatically cancelled after 3 days due to lack of response by the B&B
- Green: Booking Confirmed – your calendar and booking engine are updated to show the rooms booked
- Grey: Bookings declined by the B&B
Booking reference numbers starting with:-
- BNB: Commission-free bookings originating from a full members website (those paying annual membership fee only)
- BAB: Bookings originating from ‘book-a-bnb.com’ – these incur a €5 booking fee for full members and 7% for associate members
- BXB: Bookings from 3rd parties, entered manually on your calendar and added to your arrival/departure sections (payment for these bookings cannot be taken with one click but guests card details can be added to the Stripe credit card terminal at no extra cost)
Need any help email email@example.com
Using the STRIPE terminal on your smartphone
We’ve had a few phone calls and emails asking how to use the STRIPE terminal on your smartphone – so we’ve made it a little easier.
Just logon to https://terminal.my-bnb.com on your phone and you can then carry out ANY credit card transactions on your phone.
Credit Cards and 3rd Party Bookings
we’ve has a few calls and emails about Credit Cards and the use of the Virtual Terminal in your dashboard – here are a few answers to questions asked by other B&B Owners
- YES: You can use the virtual terminal to enter ANY card transaction – you can use it on your smartphone, in the same way, providing you with a terminal you can take anywhere there is a WiFi or phone signal.
- NO: It costs nothing to sign up to STRIPE and there are no monthly charges for the use of the terminal just the normal processing charges.
- YES: You can use it to take payment from guests that have not booked via your website
- YES: Payment can be taken automatically with one or two clicks for any booking reference starting with BAB or BNB – click on the departing tab in the booking section to see the auto charge button next to each guest.
Here are a couple of tutorials to help.
Further to our launch of the new Book a B&B website, Irish Members will be pleased to know we have now given our Ireland B&B website a makeover too. It is now twice as fast, mobile-friendly and meets all Googles technical criteria.
Please help us promote the site by including it in your emails, FaceBook pages and any other social media.
Please check your entries in these two directories are correct and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need amendments or updates.
Michael – B&B Owners Association
B&B Owners Support
Tel: +353 (0) 647750494
Book a B&B – new high speed website
We are pleased to announce that the new Book a B&B website is up and running https://book-a-bnb.com
This new website loads very quickly – typically 2-3 seconds from anywhere in the world
Designed to display equally as well on smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktop PCs this website provides every member with a mobile booking facility. Example: https://book-a-bnb.com/johns-gate-gourmet-bnb-niagara-on-the-lake.html
The website meets the standards of Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Project – an initiative that embodies the vision that publishers can create mobile-optimized content once and have it load instantly everywhere.
Check out your own entry by logging on to https://book-a-bnb.com and entering your town or city
Help us make this the go-to website for B&Bs – add it to the bottom of your emails – remember the bookings you get from this website are either commission free or the lowest commission rates in the industry.
Another first from the B&B Owners Association
Associate Members Commission
Due to the increased cost of ensuring our servers are secure and safe for credit card transactions, the level of commission on bookings we charge our Associate Members will go up to 7% on the 12th of February.
We now meet the latest requirements of the Payments Card Industry (PCI) and our payments service provider ‘Stripe’.
Full Members are not affected by this change and will continue to receive commission-free and gross value bookings.
Our payments system has prevented over 300 attempts to pay fraudulently in the past year – one guest tried six different cards before they gave in trying to book. This protects our B&B Owners against fraud and ensures payment using our Virtual Terminal.
STRIPE Virtual Terminal
An event quietly passed this week nearly un-noticed.
B&B Owners Members in Ireland have now processed over One Million Euros through their Stripe Virtual Terminals and has trapped the fraudulent use credit cards over 100 times this year
Our decision to integrate the virtual terminal into the “My B&B Dashboard” has truly revolutionised the taking of payments for accommodation – No PCI requirement, one-click payment, and taking payment for “no shows” and you can even use it on your mobile phone.
It costs nothing to register for Stripe, takes just 2 mins – Just go to the Stripe Section of your dashboard for more info – if you don’t use it, it cost nothing but is there for emergencies such as “no shows” or guest leaving without payment.
Currently, B&B Owners Association members in the following countries can sign up for free.
Stripe Virtual Credit Card Terminal
I receive 3 or 4 emails a week asking about the Stripe payments system.
There is a short tutorial available via your “My B&B Dashboard” but here is the link to it
Using Stripe takes 2-3 minutes to set up, has NO monthly charges and can save you hundreds by replacing your electronic Credit Card Terminal
Michael – B&B Owners Association
New Super Fast Directories
As part of our CDP (Continuous Development Programme) we are current rolling out our new super fast directories. These have been completely redesigned to meet the demands of todays technology users. They work equally well on smartphones, tablets, laptop and desktop PCs.
Here’s a couple of examples: https://killarney-bnb.com – https://canada-bnb.com
There are currently 24 websites in this development programme from New Zealand to Europe to Canada and the USA – they are all designed to enhance the online presence of our members and make you more visible to guests. Additionally, we shall be launching our guests “Blue Circle Club” that will allow guests to find a B&B and the make a booking with one click “Amazon style”.
These new websites will carry advertising, special offers and last minute deals to give your B&B more presence
- Small Button adverts at the top of the home page to promote your B&B
- Text adverts at the top of the home page to promote your B&B
- Members Special Offers or Last Minute Deals at the top of the page
We are very happy to develop a website for you town or region at no charge – all we ask is that it features at least 12 B&Bs that have signed up as members of the B&B Owners Association. Send an email to email@example.com if you are interested.
B&B Owners Association Certificate
If you would like a personalised membership certificate that you can printout and frame – please email firstname.lastname@example.org