MY B&B Admin Panel – Issues
Date: 10th April 2017
Over the weekend there has been a problem with the security on your admin panels that would not allow access to certain functions.
This is now fixed and normalised.
This was due to a security shield being activated to protect the server. This may happen occasionally but is the best interests of both you and your guests.
Michael – B&B Owners
B&B Owners – Duplicate Bookings
We have noticed a new phenomena since bookings have been enabled on smartphones.
This is one of “Duplicate Bookings” – as far as we can tell this is due to poor data connections on G3 networks. Guests bookings are sent and stored but their phones are not updated quickly enough so they send another booking.
This should not affect B&B owners using the room availability calendar as the system will not allow guests to book a room that has already been booked. However, the old room rates system is still in use by quite a few members.
Why does this present a problem? Well what is happening is B&B Owners are declining duplicate bookings and this is leading to confusion. e.g.. guest receives 3 decline email and one acceptance.
We are working on a fix but if you receive duplicate bookings just accept/decline one of them and leave others untouched.
We have not seen any instance of double booking using the new room availability calendar and would advise members to activate this in the “Website Options” of the My B&B Admin panel. Log out / back in and click on Room Rates
This document will help you get started
A Really Big Thank You B&B Owners
A really big thank you to my old friends and the B&B owners that have donated and provided encouraging words for my last Fund Raising Marathon in London – I tell you this is hard work at my age and I hope I don’t let you down the day.
I visited the research labs this week and met with the scientists that are funded by the Prostate Cancer Research Centre – picture right is one of our marathon team learning how to separate DNA.
Thanks again everyone – if you meant to donate and it slipped your mind, please visit the Run4PC website below………
A very grateful
Michael Sharpe B&B Owners Association Founder
Dedicated B&B website for the town of Kenmare Ireland
In line with our policy of providing communities with their own B&B directory, we have just launched a new B&B website for the town of Kenmare in Ireland https://kenmare-bnb.com
It makes sense for towns to have their own websites to attract visitors and we will consider application from any town where the are 20 or more B&B Owners Association members. Guests book directly and booking commission is free for full members or 6% for associate members. (plus other options) –
Help me help others from Michael B&B Owners Association
Hello to all B&B Owners
Michael Sharpe Running for Prostate Cancer Research
Those that have known me a long time will know that I have been a keen runner (over 60 years) and have raised money in the past for many charities. I’m over 71 years old now and thought my fund raising days were over but a friend asked me to coach her for the London Marathon this year and then twisted my arm to enter.
Both of us have family members that have suffered from Prostate Cancer and so we decided to run for the Prostate Cancer Research Centre in Kings College London – a small but important charity formed to help world class scientists develop new therapy for men with advanced prostate cancer. Their immediate goal is to increase the survival rate and their vision is a complete cure for Europe’s most commonly diagnosed male cancer.
My friend Tracie and I are now in full preparation, incurring all the niggling aches and pains that hundreds of miles of training places on the body. London (23rd April) is my 14th and last marathon. I have always enjoyed giving and I hope my 22 years supporting the interests of B&Bs on the Internet in Ireland, the UK and around the world will prompt you to support me in my last endeavours to help with the research that will save or prolong the life of many to come. Please try to help if you can, no matter how little – each of the websites below will accept donation for our cause by credit/debit card.
Wish Me Luck – Your Thankfully
Michael Sharpe founder of the B&B Owners Association – The B&B Network – Book a B&B
The B&B Owner and Credit Card Fraud
The B&B Owners Association have protected it’s members from over 25 attempts at credit card fraud over the past month. Guests are asked to provide their Credit Card details and these are checked by our card processor STRIPE for validity in co-operation with Banks and Card Providers. Most of our members have the option to sign up for STRIPE in their ‘My B&B’ admin panel so they too can benefit from secure credit card processing – just click on STRIPE in the top menu. All of our portals, directories, regional websites and members websites hosted by us are SSL certified and encrypted – along with STRIPE this now provides B&B Owners with one of the safest booking environments possible for their guests.
2 Important updates to your admin panel
We have now modified the My B&B admin panel (https://my-bnb.com) so that bookings can be managed in two extra ways.
- If you wish to cancel a previously confirmed booking for personal reasons
- If a guest cancels by phone or email unknown to us
Click on any booking and these two additional buttons will appear
- The “Cancel Booking” button will remove the booking from your list, present you with an email to explain and refund any booking fees involved to the guest.
- Guests often cancel by phone or email instead of using the cancellation facility on their booking status page (https://your-booking.com) – to update your booking/calendar and tell the booking system of the cancellation – click the “Guest Cancellation” – If a guest cancels they have been informed that booking fees will not be refunded. Since we introduced this in our terms, cancellations are now a fraction of what they were.
B&B Owners New Year Bookings
A Happy New Year to all members of the B&B Owners Association from your support team Michael, John, Owen and Peter.
The last few weeks have been pretty quiet for bookings. However, things always change dramatically in the New Year so don’t forget to check your admin panel for incoming bookings https://my-bnb.com.
There will be one or two announcements in the next 2 months – after many requests we are close to the launch a version of “My B&B” for smartphone users – this will allow you to manage your incoming bookings ‘on the go’ wherever you are.
Those members that have websites designed and hosted by us are now entitled to a FREE upgrade to a fully responsive website that works on all devices from desktop to smart phones. These websites now capture business from the growing market of smartphone users (now up to 23% of bookings). If you haven’t upgraded yet – just send us some good quality photos that can be adapted to the new design – Members that don’t host with us currently can also upgrade there websites to this new design for a small fee (Just reply to this email for details).
We hope that you will all encourage your guests to use https://book-a-bnb.com to keep your costs down and profits maximised.
Do a search for ‘Book a B&B’ on Google you’ll find us there at the top.
Have a good New Year everyone and we wish you a prosperous 2017.
Michael and the B&B Owners Team
Widen your internet presence for free – with Last Minute Deals
All members of the B&B Owners Association have the ability to set up last minute deals and special offers. The new booking system will also automate this process by discounting any rooms that are not sold as the arrival date approaches. How will this help you get more business?
Very simple really – we provide additional promotion for any member that has set up a last minute deal or special offer. Most of our websites highlight these at the top of the page – here’s a sample page from our website Book a B&B…..
Additionally we have a number of websites branded “Red Dot Deals” heres an example from www.reddotdeals.com……..
New Room Rate & Booking System
In addition to the new website designs for Full Members, we have been working on making our room availability module work for ALL members both Full and Associate.
- Displays Availability of every room in your B&B / Guesthouse
- Rooms can be displayed by number or name eg. Room 3 or The Lilac Room
- Rooms can be added or removed with a few clicks
- Bookings from 3rd parties are easily added by clicking on the calendar allowing your website to display true availability
- Your daily guests arrivals & departures are displayed and those with STRIPE can collect payment with one click
- Bookings can be confirmed either automatically or manually (single click) as is the current practice
- Last Minute Deals: Any bednight can be discounted by a fixed amount or % and will be displayed as a Last Minute Deal if not sold 15 days before arrival date – additionally all rooms can be discounted if not sold 15 days before arrival date
- Special Offers: Can be displayed for multiple night stay or Special Events or Occasions (e.g. multiple nights can be discounted or for Events rates increased)
- Last Minute Deals & Special Offers are syndicated to all our websites and our Red Dot Deals website
- Minimum Nights Stay: All rooms can be allocated a minimum night stay
- Website shows changes to availability instantly and automatically
- Double, Triple or Family rooms can be offered with under occupancy rate e.g. Single Occupancy
- Advance the Calendar by Day, Week, Month and Year to view overall occupancy
- List all Current Bookings
To use the facility on your webpage or website click on Website Option at the top of your “My B&B” admin panel, select ‘Room Allocation” – then log out and log back in – click “Rooms & Rates” and you’ll see the Calendar inviting you to add your first room – click the ‘+’ sign to add more rooms.