B&B Owners Facilities
We have had a number of requests this year from guests that wish to bring their dogs and we have been unable to help them – Therefore, we have added “Do you allow dogs” to the Account Settings section of the new “My B&B” Dashboard – This section also allows you to customise your account. Over the Autumn & Winter months we will be adding these to your online presence i.e. websites for full members and webpages for Associates
- Services you offer – WiFi etc
- Change your Mobile and numbers / email + Add Facebook and Instagram pages
- Set Booking Notification by SMS Text, Browser PUSH (notifications of bookings when using your browser) – Automatically confirm bookings if your calendar shows availability – set automatic discount for unsold rooms 15 days hence
- Set automatic % deposit if you have a Stripe account
If you have any more ideas you wish us to incorporate – send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Talking to our members on the phone – many do not appreciate we are here to help you all get profitable business from the Internet – that’s our day job. To keep ahead we have to make changes from time to time – we don’t do this lightly as many don’t like change but we are not complacent and would never leave our members trailing others in the fast moving technology world.
Commission and Online Travel Agents
Many members are very concerned about their profitability with the large commission levels charged by OTAs such as b**king.com.
Additionally, this is forcing up room rates for those that use this service, making them less competitive against those B&Bs that don’t.
Depending on membership full or associate our typical levels of commission are either FREE or 6%
Help us make your B&B more profitable by encouraging you guests to find you on “Book a B&B” our main website that promotes all members. Using the term “Book a B&B” will help too as people search for what’s on their lips. The little graphic below can be copied and printed for you to give to you guests or display in your rooms – every little helps
New website for DINGLE Ireland
Due to our policy of developing websites for specific regions if the membership warrants it, we have just launched https://dingle-bnb.com for our 30 members in the Dingle Peninsula Area.
remember this is to help you get commission free or low cost bookings, so please help us promote this on social medial by mentioning this new website in your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
B&B owners – NOTIFICATION OF BOOKINGS and Other News
NOTIFICATION OF BOOKINGS
We now notify that a booking has arrived in 3 different ways
- BY EMAIL – not the most reliable
- BY SMS TEXT – not available in all countries
- BY PUSH TECHNOLOGY – if you are using Chrome, Firefox or Opera web browsers to surf the web, you will receive a notification that a booking has arrived (Sadly not available on Apple Safari browser at this time) – when you logon to My B&B you will be asked if you wish to receive Push Notifications – approve if you wish to use this facility
Always the best way is to “Bookmark” https://my-bnb.com in you browser and check bookings daily.
Always process bookings in My B&B FIRST as these will most likely carry the lowest commission and for full members they are commission free.
OLD MY B&B ADMIN PANEL
The old admin panel will not be supported for much longer but you may continue to use it if you prefer.
When you login to MY B&B https://my-bnb.com you will automagically be taken to to the new dashboard but you can click on “Use Classic Dashboard” at the top right of the page
ROOMS & RATES
The new Rooms & Rates calendar has been carefully designed to be backwards compatible with the old system. As long as the rooms are setup correctly and any single occupancy allocated to a double or twin room – the system will work much the same as it did before except when you confirm a booking it will show that room(s) as “Sold” – If you’re short of time, there is no need to add 3rd party bookings, these rooms will stay “Unsold” until you get a booking request and will show as “Sold” if you DECLINE the booking. You can add any booking manually to any room simply by clicking on the “Bed Night” (Room/date).
If you need help or find any part of the new system a little unclear please email us on email@example.com – If you need telephone support we can now show you how to carry out a function on our website whilst we talk to you.
My B&B Dashboard – Statistics
We’ve added the following statistics to your dashboard (https://m.my-bnb.com):-
- Graph: Number of bookings received per MONTH v previous YEAR
- Pie Chart: Number of bookings confirmed, declined, ignored or cancelled over previous 12 months
- List: % Nationality or Country of guests
- Coloured Box: Summary of bookings
- Graph: Value of Booking received by MONTH v previous YEAR
- Pie Chart: Value of bookings confirmed, declined, ignored or cancelled over previous 12 months
- List: Top Guest’s Countries by Booking Value
- Coloured Box: Summary of the value of bookings today
- Graphs: Showing monthly and annual visitors to your webpage/website in the past 4 years.
- List: Top websites directing visitors to your webpage/website
- Pie Charts: Number of Guests per booking and number of nights per booking
- List: Time between Booking & Arrival
- Graph: Month booking received v month of arrival
We hope this information will help with your online marketing – it will help determine the “sweet spot” when you can increase your room rates to match demand.
AS well as good performance these stats will highlight bad performance – there are a few things we can do to help and we can advise on how you can help yourself but on a local level, demand is generated by awareness and/or need.
The network of websites operated by the B&B Owners Association belongs to you the members – help us help you by linking to or mentioning our websites to your guests. https://book-a-bnb.com/#view-websites