Small Changes to My B&B Dashboard
Room & Rates Calendar – from your support team email@example.com
Due to feed back from members we have made some subtle changes to the way you can manage each bed night on the calendar.
Click any available bed night (room/date) as shown below……..
and a pop up box will give you THREE choices
- ADD A BOOKING – this allows you to add a booking from 3rd parties, telephone or email booking. It will then update your website or webpage to show this room/date is sold. It also displays on your calendar with the guest name and adds them to you arrival/departure page.
- CHANGE OR DISCOUNT ROOM RATE – this is a very powerful tool as it allows you to:-
- Change the rate for any day or period e.g. seasonal rates, bank holidays or events in your locality
- Set a discount for a day or period – this can be used to sell last minute rooms and any discounts up to 15 days hence are marked as Last Minute on our website and the B&B featured at the top of the page.
- You can change the minimum stay at busy times e.g. min stay 3 nights in high season
- You can apply an different rate for any day of the week e.g. increased rate for weekends (Fri & Sat)
- You can disallow under occupancy for any date or period e.g. room can’t be sold as a single in high season.
- BLOCK DATES – This allows you to block off any room or all rooms for a given date or period. On your website or webpage this shows that room(s) are not available for the period selected – you can use this when you are closed for holidays, family illness or for any reason you wish. Just be careful and always check the changes on your website/webpage.
Please feel free to comment on this article but if you want a quick response from us please email firstname.lastname@example.org
B&B Owners Facilities
We have had a number of requests this year from guests that wish to bring their dogs and we have been unable to help them – Therefore, we have added “Do you allow dogs” to the Account Settings section of the new “My B&B” Dashboard – This section also allows you to customise your account. Over the Autumn & Winter months we will be adding these to your online presence i.e. websites for full members and webpages for Associates
- Services you offer – WiFi etc
- Change your Mobile and numbers / email + Add Facebook and Instagram pages
- Set Booking Notification by SMS Text, Browser PUSH (notifications of bookings when using your browser) – Automatically confirm bookings if your calendar shows availability – set automatic discount for unsold rooms 15 days hence
- Set automatic % deposit if you have a Stripe account
If you have any more ideas you wish us to incorporate – send feedback to email@example.com
Talking to our members on the phone – many do not appreciate we are here to help you all get profitable business from the Internet – that’s our day job. To keep ahead we have to make changes from time to time – we don’t do this lightly as many don’t like change but we are not complacent and would never leave our members trailing others in the fast moving technology world.
B&B owners – NOTIFICATION OF BOOKINGS and Other News
NOTIFICATION OF BOOKINGS
We now notify that a booking has arrived in 3 different ways
- BY EMAIL – not the most reliable
- BY SMS TEXT – not available in all countries
- BY PUSH TECHNOLOGY – if you are using Chrome, Firefox or Opera web browsers to surf the web, you will receive a notification that a booking has arrived (Sadly not available on Apple Safari browser at this time) – when you logon to My B&B you will be asked if you wish to receive Push Notifications – approve if you wish to use this facility
Always the best way is to “Bookmark” https://my-bnb.com in you browser and check bookings daily.
Always process bookings in My B&B FIRST as these will most likely carry the lowest commission and for full members they are commission free.
OLD MY B&B ADMIN PANEL
The old admin panel will not be supported for much longer but you may continue to use it if you prefer.
When you login to MY B&B https://my-bnb.com you will automagically be taken to to the new dashboard but you can click on “Use Classic Dashboard” at the top right of the page
ROOMS & RATES
The new Rooms & Rates calendar has been carefully designed to be backwards compatible with the old system. As long as the rooms are setup correctly and any single occupancy allocated to a double or twin room – the system will work much the same as it did before except when you confirm a booking it will show that room(s) as “Sold” – If you’re short of time, there is no need to add 3rd party bookings, these rooms will stay “Unsold” until you get a booking request and will show as “Sold” if you DECLINE the booking. You can add any booking manually to any room simply by clicking on the “Bed Night” (Room/date).
If you need help or find any part of the new system a little unclear please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org – If you need telephone support we can now show you how to carry out a function on our website whilst we talk to you.
My B&B Dashboard – Statistics
We’ve added the following statistics to your dashboard (https://m.my-bnb.com):-
- Graph: Number of bookings received per MONTH v previous YEAR
- Pie Chart: Number of bookings confirmed, declined, ignored or cancelled over previous 12 months
- List: % Nationality or Country of guests
- Coloured Box: Summary of bookings
- Graph: Value of Booking received by MONTH v previous YEAR
- Pie Chart: Value of bookings confirmed, declined, ignored or cancelled over previous 12 months
- List: Top Guest’s Countries by Booking Value
- Coloured Box: Summary of the value of bookings today
- Graphs: Showing monthly and annual visitors to your webpage/website in the past 4 years.
- List: Top websites directing visitors to your webpage/website
- Pie Charts: Number of Guests per booking and number of nights per booking
- List: Time between Booking & Arrival
- Graph: Month booking received v month of arrival
We hope this information will help with your online marketing – it will help determine the “sweet spot” when you can increase your room rates to match demand.
AS well as good performance these stats will highlight bad performance – there are a few things we can do to help and we can advise on how you can help yourself but on a local level, demand is generated by awareness and/or need.
The network of websites operated by the B&B Owners Association belongs to you the members – help us help you by linking to or mentioning our websites to your guests. https://book-a-bnb.com/#view-websites
In the new Dashboard (https://m.my-bnb.com) the way we handle cancelations is much improved. Both guests and B&B owners may cancel a booking and for the most part, the work involved is minimal. The instances of how a booking can be canceled are:-
- A GUEST may cancel a booking by logging on to https://your-booking.com – this updates the B&B Owners booking system and puts a line through it in your dashboard – you can click on this and apply any cancellation charges that may apply using STRIPE.
- A GUEST may also cancel by telephone or email – in this case our booking system will not know – click on the booking in your dashboard and then click the button “Guest Cancellation” – this updates the booking system, updates your calendar and shows the room as available on your webpage/site.
- You, the B&B OWNER, may wish to cancel a booking due to personal circumstances – If so, click on “Emergency” in the Dashboard menu and then “Cancel Booking” select the booking you wish to cancel and click the orange “Cancel Booking” button – this updates the booking system and sends an email to your guest.
Hope this helps
If you wish to comment on this item, you are most welcome but if you have any requests or problems that require action, please email them to email@example.com and they will be dealt with promptly.
Michael – B&B Owners Association