New Super Fast Directories
As part of our CDP (Continuous Development Programme) we are current rolling out our new super fast directories. These have been completely redesigned to meet the demands of todays technology users. They work equally well on smartphones, tablets, laptop and desktop PCs.
Here’s a couple of examples: https://killarney-bnb.com – https://canada-bnb.com
There are currently 24 websites in this development programme from New Zealand to Europe to Canada and the USA – they are all designed to enhance the online presence of our members and make you more visible to guests. Additionally, we shall be launching our guests “Blue Circle Club” that will allow guests to find a B&B and the make a booking with one click “Amazon style”.
These new websites will carry advertising, special offers and last minute deals to give your B&B more presence
- Small Button adverts at the top of the home page to promote your B&B
- Text adverts at the top of the home page to promote your B&B
- Members Special Offers or Last Minute Deals at the top of the page
We are very happy to develop a website for you town or region at no charge – all we ask is that it features at least 12 B&Bs that have signed up as members of the B&B Owners Association. Send an email to email@example.com if you are interested.
B&B Owners Association Certificate
If you would like a personalised membership certificate that you can printout and frame – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Commission and Online Travel Agents
Many members are very concerned about their profitability with the large commission levels charged by OTAs such as b**king.com.
Additionally, this is forcing up room rates for those that use this service, making them less competitive against those B&Bs that don’t.
Depending on membership full or associate our typical levels of commission are either FREE or 6%
Help us make your B&B more profitable by encouraging you guests to find you on “Book a B&B” our main website that promotes all members. Using the term “Book a B&B” will help too as people search for what’s on their lips. The little graphic below can be copied and printed for you to give to you guests or display in your rooms – every little helps
New website for DINGLE Ireland
Due to our policy of developing websites for specific regions if the membership warrants it, we have just launched https://dingle-bnb.com for our 30 members in the Dingle Peninsula Area.
remember this is to help you get commission free or low cost bookings, so please help us promote this on social medial by mentioning this new website in your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
B&B owners – NOTIFICATION OF BOOKINGS and Other News
NOTIFICATION OF BOOKINGS
We now notify that a booking has arrived in 3 different ways
- BY EMAIL – not the most reliable
- BY SMS TEXT – not available in all countries
- BY PUSH TECHNOLOGY – if you are using Chrome, Firefox or Opera web browsers to surf the web, you will receive a notification that a booking has arrived (Sadly not available on Apple Safari browser at this time) – when you logon to My B&B you will be asked if you wish to receive Push Notifications – approve if you wish to use this facility
Always the best way is to “Bookmark” https://my-bnb.com in you browser and check bookings daily.
Always process bookings in My B&B FIRST as these will most likely carry the lowest commission and for full members they are commission free.
OLD MY B&B ADMIN PANEL
The old admin panel will not be supported for much longer but you may continue to use it if you prefer.
When you login to MY B&B https://my-bnb.com you will automagically be taken to to the new dashboard but you can click on “Use Classic Dashboard” at the top right of the page
ROOMS & RATES
The new Rooms & Rates calendar has been carefully designed to be backwards compatible with the old system. As long as the rooms are setup correctly and any single occupancy allocated to a double or twin room – the system will work much the same as it did before except when you confirm a booking it will show that room(s) as “Sold” – If you’re short of time, there is no need to add 3rd party bookings, these rooms will stay “Unsold” until you get a booking request and will show as “Sold” if you DECLINE the booking. You can add any booking manually to any room simply by clicking on the “Bed Night” (Room/date).
If you need help or find any part of the new system a little unclear please email us on email@example.com – If you need telephone support we can now show you how to carry out a function on our website whilst we talk to you.
B&B Owners – New Websites
As our membership grows we are adding new websites or directories at a town, regional or country level.
This past month we have added https://kenmare-bnb.com for the B&B Owners in Kenmare Ireland and https://bnb-italy.com for our growing membership in Italy.
We hope our members will get behind these websites, mention them in their correspondence and promote or link to them in their email and other marketing.
The Online Travel agents are destroying the B&B sector by demanding outrageous levels of commission – Time to fight back – all our members have a page on https://book-a-bnb.com that is now showing up in many more searches on the search engines.
We’d love to get commission levels down to a more realistic 3 or 4% – help us help you log on to these websites today. If your town or region would like a free website similar to the ones above, just ask we’re here to help.
Michael – B&B Owners Association
The My B&B Dashboard – B&B Owners Association
AS you all know by now we have updated both the “My B&B’ dashboard and the way we display your room rates. These changes require you to read the new documents in https://bnbowners.com/tutorial/
We have had praise and criticism for this move forward and we understand that people don’t like change.
I will try to outline the differences …….
- All rooms and their configuration can be displayed to help guests choose appropriately.
- We have tried to copy over your room configuration from there
- All rooms will be display as vacant until you confirm a booking – you may add bookings from 3rd parties but if you do not you may continue to get bookings for that room night which are then marked as sold if you decline.
- Functionally the booking system works in exactly the same way as before except you will not receive bookings for rooms that have been declined by you or sold via a 3rd party. lessening your workload.
- It is not necessary to add 3rd party bookings because if you get a booking and that room is sold you will decline the booking in the usual way and the calendar will be updated to show that room is not available.
- We have avoided providing a full channel manager as these work in favour of those charging higher commission rates.
- Many members have separate websites and we can provide code to embed our low commission booking engine into those sites. Full members will benefit from commission free bookings and those that already do this should make sure they are using the latest version of the code.
- The new “My B&B” dashboard is https://m.my-bnb.com and it works equally well on smartphones, tablets, iPads, laptop or desktop PCs.
- You will find the new layout more user friendly and managing bookings more easily.
- We have enhanced the integration of the STRIPE payments system – many members now use the virtual terminal on their phones to replace the expensive electronic terminals.
- The booking system is now more advanced from a security point of view – all credit cards are checked for validity and possible fraud before you even get a booking and this month alone we have detected an increasing number of cards being used fraudulently. This has saved our members heartache and money.
Michael – B&B Owners Association
New Tutorial for the new My B&B Dashboard
For many of you, you room rates and data has been transferred to our new calendar display system. The data has lead to some inaccuracies on your webpages and web sites.
A new tutorial on how to set up rooms and rates is now available
You can find it here https://bnbowners.com/tutorial/NEW-ROOM-RATES.pdf
All new info leaflets can be downloaded here https://bnbowners.com/tutorial/
The new system will minimise your workload by showing your availability and minimising bookings for rooms that are not available.
This also means that others in your area will have the opportunity to fulfil bookings
New “My B&B” Admin Panel
From now on we shall be calling the My B&B Admin Panel – the “My B&B Dashboard” – just to bring it into line with current Internet terminology.
We have now released a new dashboard that will provide mobile phone and tablet users a better user experience. During the transition from old to new, members can use either but as we add additional features to the new dashboard, the old will become redundant.
The new dashboard can be found on https://m.my-bnb.com
- To connect directly from the OLD to the NEW – you can click the “New” icon in the bottom menu
- To connect directly from the NEW to the OLD – you can click on “Use Classic Dashboard” on the top right of your screen
Please report any problems to firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered or not, if you are not using the STRIPE payments system – read the new info leaflet
Now available in these countries – Save time and money taking payments
Michael – B&B Owners Association