B&B Owners – New Websites
As our membership grows we are adding new websites or directories at a town, regional or country level.
This past month we have added https://kenmare-bnb.com for the B&B Owners in Kenmare Ireland and https://bnb-italy.com for our growing membership in Italy.
We hope our members will get behind these websites, mention them in their correspondence and promote or link to them in their email and other marketing.
The Online Travel agents are destroying the B&B sector by demanding outrageous levels of commission – Time to fight back – all our members have a page on https://book-a-bnb.com that is now showing up in many more searches on the search engines.
We’d love to get commission levels down to a more realistic 3 or 4% – help us help you log on to these websites today. If your town or region would like a free website similar to the ones above, just ask we’re here to help.
Michael – B&B Owners Association
The My B&B Dashboard – B&B Owners Association
AS you all know by now we have updated both the “My B&B’ dashboard and the way we display your room rates. These changes require you to read the new documents in https://bnbowners.com/tutorial/
We have had praise and criticism for this move forward and we understand that people don’t like change.
I will try to outline the differences …….
- All rooms and their configuration can be displayed to help guests choose appropriately.
- We have tried to copy over your room configuration from there
- All rooms will be display as vacant until you confirm a booking – you may add bookings from 3rd parties but if you do not you may continue to get bookings for that room night which are then marked as sold if you decline.
- Functionally the booking system works in exactly the same way as before except you will not receive bookings for rooms that have been declined by you or sold via a 3rd party. lessening your workload.
- It is not necessary to add 3rd party bookings because if you get a booking and that room is sold you will decline the booking in the usual way and the calendar will be updated to show that room is not available.
- We have avoided providing a full channel manager as these work in favour of those charging higher commission rates.
- Many members have separate websites and we can provide code to embed our low commission booking engine into those sites. Full members will benefit from commission free bookings and those that already do this should make sure they are using the latest version of the code.
- The new “My B&B” dashboard is https://m.my-bnb.com and it works equally well on smartphones, tablets, iPads, laptop or desktop PCs.
- You will find the new layout more user friendly and managing bookings more easily.
- We have enhanced the integration of the STRIPE payments system – many members now use the virtual terminal on their phones to replace the expensive electronic terminals.
- The booking system is now more advanced from a security point of view – all credit cards are checked for validity and possible fraud before you even get a booking and this month alone we have detected an increasing number of cards being used fraudulently. This has saved our members heartache and money.
Michael – B&B Owners Association
New Tutorial for the new My B&B Dashboard
For many of you, you room rates and data has been transferred to our new calendar display system. The data has lead to some inaccuracies on your webpages and web sites.
A new tutorial on how to set up rooms and rates is now available
You can find it here https://bnbowners.com/tutorial/NEW-ROOM-RATES.pdf
All new info leaflets can be downloaded here https://bnbowners.com/tutorial/
The new system will minimise your workload by showing your availability and minimising bookings for rooms that are not available.
This also means that others in your area will have the opportunity to fulfil bookings
New “My B&B” Admin Panel
From now on we shall be calling the My B&B Admin Panel – the “My B&B Dashboard” – just to bring it into line with current Internet terminology.
We have now released a new dashboard that will provide mobile phone and tablet users a better user experience. During the transition from old to new, members can use either but as we add additional features to the new dashboard, the old will become redundant.
The new dashboard can be found on https://m.my-bnb.com
- To connect directly from the OLD to the NEW – you can click the “New” icon in the bottom menu
- To connect directly from the NEW to the OLD – you can click on “Use Classic Dashboard” on the top right of your screen
Please report any problems to firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered or not, if you are not using the STRIPE payments system – read the new info leaflet
Now available in these countries – Save time and money taking payments
Michael – B&B Owners Association
B&B Owners New Year Bookings
A Happy New Year to all members of the B&B Owners Association from your support team Michael, John, Owen and Peter.
The last few weeks have been pretty quiet for bookings. However, things always change dramatically in the New Year so don’t forget to check your admin panel for incoming bookings https://my-bnb.com.
There will be one or two announcements in the next 2 months – after many requests we are close to the launch a version of “My B&B” for smartphone users – this will allow you to manage your incoming bookings ‘on the go’ wherever you are.
Those members that have websites designed and hosted by us are now entitled to a FREE upgrade to a fully responsive website that works on all devices from desktop to smart phones. These websites now capture business from the growing market of smartphone users (now up to 23% of bookings). If you haven’t upgraded yet – just send us some good quality photos that can be adapted to the new design – Members that don’t host with us currently can also upgrade there websites to this new design for a small fee (Just reply to this email for details).
We hope that you will all encourage your guests to use https://book-a-bnb.com to keep your costs down and profits maximised.
Do a search for ‘Book a B&B’ on Google you’ll find us there at the top.
Have a good New Year everyone and we wish you a prosperous 2017.
Michael and the B&B Owners Team
Free Website Upgrade for Full Members
As part of our continuous improvement programme, we upgrade our full members websites FREE OF CHARGE every 3 or 4 years.
We are now ready to upgrade full members to what are known as fully responsive websites. These work with smartphones, tablets (iPads) and desktop computers Plus the added advantage of a free SSL Certificate to make sure your website is secure. Here are some of the benefits of the upgrade:-
- It costs you nothing – it is a free upgrade – A brand new design
- Bookings are totally Commission Free (For those paying the annual fee)
- This year nearly 30% of bookings were made on mobile devices
- The secure certificate is also free and gives you a https:// in front of your domain name – Favoured in Google indexing
- Automatically shows your best reviews
- Work with or without the room availability – which ever you prefer.
- Listed in all our worldwide directories, portals and regional websites.
All we ask is that our members provide us with new photographs and the upgrade will be completed within a few days. Make sure you’re ready for next season.
https, security and members websites
All full members that have websites as part of their membership, will now enjoy the following features:-
- Secure encrypted website at no extra cost – normally a certified SSL website would cost $100 or more annually
- Full diversion to a mobile version to allow smartphone users to book on smaller screens.
Additionally we are working on a fully responsive design for members websites that will display in any device from desktop PC to small smartphones – this will be available as a free upgrade sometime next month.
These changes are very important as our main site ( https://book-a-bnb.com ) becomes more popular with desktop and mobile users alike – try a search on Google for “Book a B&B” on your PC or phone.
Reminder: Comments or Questions to email@example.com
B&B Owners Support
Our support system is monitored constantly throughout the day and we normally respond to or fix problems within a short period.
TO GET SUPPORT QUICKLY use the facility in your admin panel (Email symbol bottom left of your screen) or email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Some members are still expecting a response when using our older (not checked as regularly) or discarded email addresses.
This is also true when replying to blogs, Facebook or other online fora – don’t expect a response to requests – please use the above email
Securing Payments for “No Shows”
For some reason there have been an increased number of “No Shows” this year.
This may not affect you normally but can be very frustrating if it happens out of the blue.
In most reported cases B&B Owners have been able to recover the costs using STRIPE (who store the credit card details of all guests booking through our directories, portals, regional and members websites).
It takes just 2 mins to register for a STRIPE account via your admin panel (https://my-bnb.com) and costs nothing if you don’t use it.
Register for STRIPE in your admin panel today – have your bank details available and don’t get caught out with No Shows or guests that leave without paying.
NOTE: If a guest makes a booking with a card that is subsequently renewed or replace you will have to ask the guest for their card and use the Virtual terminal to accept payment.