Another first for B&B Owners
Guests can now use the Apple Pay, Google Pay or Microsoft Pay to make a booking.
This allow them to make a booking without having to enter their credit card details, speeding up the process on their mobile phones. This provides our members with even more security.
This is just stage one in the developement of our one click booking system.
Using the STRIPE terminal on your smartphone
We’ve had a few phone calls and emails asking how to use the STRIPE terminal on your smartphone – so we’ve made it a little easier.
Just logon to https://terminal.my-bnb.com on your phone and you can then carry out ANY credit card transactions on your phone.
Associate Members Commission
Due to the increased cost of ensuring our servers are secure and safe for credit card transactions, the level of commission on bookings we charge our Associate Members will go up to 7% on the 12th of February.
We now meet the latest requirements of the Payments Card Industry (PCI) and our payments service provider ‘Stripe’.
Full Members are not affected by this change and will continue to receive commission-free and gross value bookings.
Our payments system has prevented over 300 attempts to pay fraudulently in the past year – one guest tried six different cards before they gave in trying to book. This protects our B&B Owners against fraud and ensures payment using our Virtual Terminal.
STRIPE Virtual Terminal
An event quietly passed this week nearly un-noticed.
B&B Owners Members in Ireland have now processed over One Million Euros through their Stripe Virtual Terminals and has trapped the fraudulent use credit cards over 100 times this year
Our decision to integrate the virtual terminal into the “My B&B Dashboard” has truly revolutionised the taking of payments for accommodation – No PCI requirement, one-click payment, and taking payment for “no shows” and you can even use it on your mobile phone.
It costs nothing to register for Stripe, takes just 2 mins – Just go to the Stripe Section of your dashboard for more info – if you don’t use it, it cost nothing but is there for emergencies such as “no shows” or guest leaving without payment.
Currently, B&B Owners Association members in the following countries can sign up for free.
STRIPE Payments terminal on your smartphone
Using your smartphone Internet browser (Safari or Chrome) log on to https://m.my-bnb.com and tap on STRIPE in the menu.
This displays your STRIPE Virtual Terminal
- You can then use you smartphone as a credit card terminal – use it anywhere you have a WiFi or phone signal
- There are NO monthly charges and can replace your costly electronic terminal
- The terminal automatically checks for fraudulent, lost or stolen cards, providing you with a high level of security
- Take payment for anything not just bookings – i.e. packed lunch, bike hire or extras
- Type in a B&B Owners Association Booking Reference Number and the terminal will take payment with one click
- Makes life even easier for collecting payment for No Shows” or from those walking out without paying
- From the bookings section you can take payment without typing in credit card details – same as on a laptop or PC
- Use it to validate a guests card prior to arrival or for bookings placed months before arrival
This all part of our aim to cut the cost of bookings and processing payments from guests
Registered or not, if you are not using the STRIPE payments system – read the new info leaflet
Now available in these countries – Save time and money taking payments
Michael – B&B Owners Association
STRIPE Payment Gateway – How is it?
The Stripe payments system has be installed for 3 years now and we’re very keen to hear feed back from our members on its good points and bad points.
Please add your comments to this post either negative or positive on how you find using it.
Also for those that have not added the STRIPE Payment Gateway to the admin panel, we welcome any questions on the benefits of STRIPE and how easy it is to use.
It costs nothing to apply and there are no monthly charges – don’t use it and it costs you nothing.
The single benefit that members have stated in feedback is how transparent it is in use – allowing them to take full amount, deposit or balance with just one click.
The virtual terminal is also a favourite, allowing all members to take payment by credit card without the need for a merchant account or PCI compliance.
Securing Payments for “No Shows”
For some reason there have been an increased number of “No Shows” this year.
This may not affect you normally but can be very frustrating if it happens out of the blue.
In most reported cases B&B Owners have been able to recover the costs using STRIPE (who store the credit card details of all guests booking through our directories, portals, regional and members websites).
It takes just 2 mins to register for a STRIPE account via your admin panel (https://my-bnb.com) and costs nothing if you don’t use it.
Register for STRIPE in your admin panel today – have your bank details available and don’t get caught out with No Shows or guests that leave without paying.
NOTE: If a guest makes a booking with a card that is subsequently renewed or replace you will have to ask the guest for their card and use the Virtual terminal to accept payment.
Credit Card Payments
Sometime ago we integrated the STRIPE payments system as precursor to the ever increasing security requirements required by the Payment Cards Industry (PCI).
We believed this to be the best way to provide members of the B&B Owners Association with online payment capture and minimise fraud.
As of today STRIPE is the ONLY way that members can take online payment as we are now required to stop the practice of providing credit card information to B&B Owners.
It is well proven now that most credit card fraud is due to the lack of security on desktop PCs mostly in the for of malware, trojans or viruses.
For members that have relied on accessing credit card data via their admin panels we would suggest that you sign up for STRIPE in the appropriate section of your my-bnb.com admin panel – simply click the “Connect with Stripe” button to register – You will need your Bank Account Number.
It takes 2-3 mins to obtain an account – there are no registration fees and it cost nothing if you don’t use it. Once you register, STRIPE inform us and your virtual terminal will appear next time you login.
Most of the following functions are one or two clicks
- Collection of Full Amount on Confirmation
- Collection of a defined % Deposit upon Confirmation
- Collection of Full Amount or Deposit on Departure
- Virtual Terminal for entering credit card payments
- Virtual Terminal can also be used by typing or pasting in a Booking Reference Number – this will not display credit card details but will automatically debit the guest associated with that Ref. No.
- Collection of Cancellation and No Show Fees
All money is transferred to your bank account 7 days after transaction at no extra charge.
STRIPE PAYMENTS SYSTEM
If you have a STRIPE Account
- Payment for all bookings in your admin panel can be taken with one click
- The virtual terminal saves you hundreds by replacing your Electronic Machine
- Payment for any booking can be taken in the Virtual Terminal simply type in the Booking Reference N0
- All bookings have had the card authorised, minimising fraud
- Sign up for STRIPE in less than 5 mins directly from you admin panel
- Make payment easy for you and your guests