STRIPE Payments terminal on your smartphone
Using your smartphone Internet browser (Safari or Chrome) log on to https://m.my-bnb.com and tap on STRIPE in the menu.
This displays your STRIPE Virtual Terminal
- You can then use you smartphone as a credit card terminal – use it anywhere you have a WiFi or phone signal
- There are NO monthly charges and can replace your costly electronic terminal
- The terminal automatically checks for fraudulent, lost or stolen cards, providing you with a high level of security
- Take payment for anything not just bookings – i.e. packed lunch, bike hire or extras
- Type in a B&B Owners Association Booking Reference Number and the terminal will take payment with one click
- Makes life even easier for collecting payment for No Shows” or from those walking out without paying
- From the bookings section you can take payment without typing in credit card details – same as on a laptop or PC
- Use it to validate a guests card prior to arrival or for bookings placed months before arrival
This all part of our aim to cut the cost of bookings and processing payments from guests
Registered or not, if you are not using the STRIPE payments system – read the new info leaflet
Now available in these countries – Save time and money taking payments
Michael – B&B Owners Association
STRIPE Payment Gateway – How is it?
The Stripe payments system has be installed for 3 years now and we’re very keen to hear feed back from our members on its good points and bad points.
Please add your comments to this post either negative or positive on how you find using it.
Also for those that have not added the STRIPE Payment Gateway to the admin panel, we welcome any questions on the benefits of STRIPE and how easy it is to use.
It costs nothing to apply and there are no monthly charges – don’t use it and it costs you nothing.
The single benefit that members have stated in feedback is how transparent it is in use – allowing them to take full amount, deposit or balance with just one click.
The virtual terminal is also a favourite, allowing all members to take payment by credit card without the need for a merchant account or PCI compliance.
Securing Payments for “No Shows”
For some reason there have been an increased number of “No Shows” this year.
This may not affect you normally but can be very frustrating if it happens out of the blue.
In most reported cases B&B Owners have been able to recover the costs using STRIPE (who store the credit card details of all guests booking through our directories, portals, regional and members websites).
It takes just 2 mins to register for a STRIPE account via your admin panel (https://my-bnb.com) and costs nothing if you don’t use it.
Register for STRIPE in your admin panel today – have your bank details available and don’t get caught out with No Shows or guests that leave without paying.
NOTE: If a guest makes a booking with a card that is subsequently renewed or replace you will have to ask the guest for their card and use the Virtual terminal to accept payment.
Credit Card Payments
Sometime ago we integrated the STRIPE payments system as precursor to the ever increasing security requirements required by the Payment Cards Industry (PCI).
We believed this to be the best way to provide members of the B&B Owners Association with online payment capture and minimise fraud.
As of today STRIPE is the ONLY way that members can take online payment as we are now required to stop the practice of providing credit card information to B&B Owners.
It is well proven now that most credit card fraud is due to the lack of security on desktop PCs mostly in the for of malware, trojans or viruses.
For members that have relied on accessing credit card data via their admin panels we would suggest that you sign up for STRIPE in the appropriate section of your my-bnb.com admin panel – simply click the “Connect with Stripe” button to register – You will need your Bank Account Number.
It takes 2-3 mins to obtain an account – there are no registration fees and it cost nothing if you don’t use it. Once you register, STRIPE inform us and your virtual terminal will appear next time you login.
Most of the following functions are one or two clicks
- Collection of Full Amount on Confirmation
- Collection of a defined % Deposit upon Confirmation
- Collection of Full Amount or Deposit on Departure
- Virtual Terminal for entering credit card payments
- Virtual Terminal can also be used by typing or pasting in a Booking Reference Number – this will not display credit card details but will automatically debit the guest associated with that Ref. No.
- Collection of Cancellation and No Show Fees
All money is transferred to your bank account 7 days after transaction at no extra charge.
STRIPE PAYMENTS SYSTEM
If you have a STRIPE Account
- Payment for all bookings in your admin panel can be taken with one click
- The virtual terminal saves you hundreds by replacing your Electronic Machine
- Payment for any booking can be taken in the Virtual Terminal simply type in the Booking Reference N0
- All bookings have had the card authorised, minimising fraud
- Sign up for STRIPE in less than 5 mins directly from you admin panel
- Make payment easy for you and your guests
STRIPE Payments System
Although the STRIPE payments system has be available to B&B Owners in their admin panels for nearly 2 years now, we have seen a sudden surge in both registrations and usage. The STRIPE virtual terminal built in to the “My B&B” admin panel eliminates the monthly cost of an Electronic Terminal and can be used for both payments and authorisation. There are also app for smart phones that allows you to manage your account and check payments, see the transfers to your bank and process refunds simply. What a magnificent change technology has brought about – making our lives much easier. All bookings on our system have had the card pre-authorised and payment for all bookings that appear in your admin panel can be taken with a simple click.
B&B Owners in the following counties can apply for an account directly from the STRIPE section of the “My B&B” admin panel simply by clicking the blue “Connect with Stripe” button – the form is pre-filled to save you time – have your bank details ready and you will get approval within a few mins.
STRIPE Payments System
The B&B Owners Association recognised the benefits of the STRIPE payments system when it was introduced and many of our members now save time and money by using the system.
It is fully integrated into members admin panels to allow payments both for bookings from our network of websites or 3rd party bookings.
Those that have integrated our booking engine into their own websites also benefit from 1 click payment.
Sign up via you “My-BnB” admin panel – top menu >> STRIPE – it takes two minutes and cost you nothing if you don’t use it.
10 good reasons for using STRIPE
- Sign up via your “My-BnB” admin panel takes 2 -3 minutes
- Virtual Terminal (VT) has no monthly costs
- VT can be used to charge for extras or any othercharges
- Take payment from guests with just one click
- Take Deposits, balance or even provide refunds
- Take payment for “No Shows” with one click
- Money is automatically paid into your Bank Account with no extra charges
- Fully integrated payment for those that use our booking engine
- Mobile app to monitor & make payments and provide VT on your phone
- No need for PCI compliance or additional security checks
STRIPE is now available to members in the following countries
- United Kingdom
- United States
- The Netherlands
Need more info email@example.com
STRIPE Virtual Terminal
There are NO monthly charges with the STRIPE Virtual Terminal (VT) and you can use it to process credit card payments with or without the card.
The graphic below shows the default VT – you can type credit card details into this, the money will be collected by STRIPE and forwarded to your banks account. You can also use the VT to authorise cards – this reserves €1 or £1 on the guests card to test for validity but is refunded automatically.
The STRIPE VT also allows B&B Owners to recover money from “No Shows” or from guests that leave without paying plus the payment for any booking can be taken simply by typing in the Booking Reference number – details of the guests stay and the amount are automatically entered when you tab or click on the next box with your mouse – Click on the graphic below show to see how this time saver works.
STRIPE Account Holders
TIP: You can use your virtual terminal in a new way. Type in a booking reference and this will allow you to charge that guest using your STRIPE account – you can amend the description for the charge by overtyping. This is very useful for “No Shows” – guests leaving without paying or collecting cancellation fees.